We have babies and I am a huge slacker.

Babies, say what? Yes, my little Woodie (that just don't sound the best =] ) had 3 babies yesterday about noon-ish. I was nervous when I found them because momma was under the bedding, hiding. The babies were all calm and doing good but I only seen 2 of the babies at first.

I was walking to my room and just glanced in the cage, I stopped dead in my tracks and was seriously like "O.M.G" that is a little colored baby, EEEK! And then I see another little pup that is all black like momma. So I run across the house and grab Brianna so she can see the babies. She was oober excited also. Well I knew I had to get Woodie from under the bedding and have her get to babies and finish cleaning them. I would say when I found the babies, she had them with in the hour so we will say about noon. Anyways, I gather her from under the fleece, then I search under there because I can't be sure she didn't get under there and have more babies. None. I am pleased, momma did well and her 2 babies are looking good. Well I decide to move the pigloo out of the cage because Woodie would go in there and hide from the babies and I really wanted her to finish the clean up. Well much to my surprise, there was another, fully black, baby under there but just then my heart stopped. At first sight I thought momma did not break this babies sac and that the baby did not make it. But as I gather myself (this all happened in 3 seconds) I notice the baby is out, moving some and breathing but is restricted by the dry sac on her back. I had no idea what to do. I call my husband, he says to help the baby and clean it up. All I could think was if I interfere what will the already nervous and scared momma do so I wait. I called the vet (he had to call me back) called and talked to my mom and while one the phone I was hoovering around the baby and momma cage and spooked the little black pup that was covered in sac and the sac split (no harm, remember it was just dry on him) and then he really starts to move around. I gave it another 30 min or so and then I worked on helping the little one get the bag off and momma pig would come over and assist also. I know that she is just young and wasn't sure what to do. So anyways, they all look healthy and good today. Bouncing and popping all about the cage and nursing from momma. I even seen 2 of the babies trying to eat hay and one drinking from the water spout thingy. I am sure you are ready to see some pictures!

Without further ado:

Male 1
Female
Male 2






On with the slacker end of this post....
I said that I would come back (the next day but obviously this is not...) and post about my #1's. So yes, I'm late. I should know to never plan a post on Calvin's days off. I am no good at blogging when he is home.

Is that good or bad?
    Read on and then decide.


[one] pick up my bible that is collecting dust! Teach and learn from it!:
 Well I am happy to say this is a big YES!! Not only have I picked my bible up but my family and I have been going to church. God is great and we feel so good!
[one] believe in myself:
What exactly does that even mean? I would say there are many points of this short goal. I seem to have complications with believing how good I am at a certain things. I know I can do a lot of things but I have little faith that I can really do them, and so I don't. This is still a changing manner but I can and am slowing believing in myself again. Since starting a serious weight loss (healthy living) life I have seen that I can do it. I can be reliable. I can set goals and reach them. Now the next thing to work on is not procrastinating. I believe I procrastinate because I have a long thought process and (again working on this goal) I am not sure I can do it correctly if I do it now without thought, even though many people tell me YES you can.

[one] be more thankful for my husband and his hard work.
I have always been thankful but I did lack in letting him know. I know how awesome I feel after I have cleaned the house and how down I can suddenly turn if Calvin does not praise my hard work. Why shouldn't it be the same for him. Yes, he is working for our family because, well, he has to. I expected him to tell me "It looks good in the home" but I would give nothing in return for how awesome he is and how greatly I think of him and the many things he does for our family. (Honey, I love you)

[one] take more time for family and family activities:
We are always doing things as a family. Since Calvin has been on a 10 on 4 off work schedule, we have so much more time to really do things together. Last year he began this schedule and on his days off we would still sit at home and he would relax and enjoy it. As time went on he was feeling more rested and more used to the schedule and we would head out of the home on the days he had off. Now you hardly see us home when he is on days off. We are always out doing something. I love it and it is so healthy for our family. We have grown this past year, for that I am blessed.

[one] get healthy for my family and myself:
If you have been following me this year, you will know the answer to this. Not only am I getting healthier for my family, but Calvin also. We have been eating healthy for well over a year but lacked on activities to get us moving. That is no longer the case. and since winter is finally over (even if we have had snow in may) we are outside even more and doing many things to keep active and get healthy.

[one] spend more intimate time with hubby
I will not go into details, but this goal has been succeeded and the way it has pulled us together is bliss. I love that I am loving myself and in return loving my husband wholeheartedly.

2 comments:

    welcome little babies!'

    I want to pick up my bible more.

     

    they are soooo cute!! I miss our little piggy, Ariel, but sadly C was allergic to her :(

    Come over to my blog when you get a chance, I have something for you in my last post!

     
Learn more about sponsoring a child.