The effort of Friendships

Friendship: 1. the state of being a friend; association as friends
2. friendly feeling or disposition.

I tend to let things slip over and just push it off, but I am thinking I am sick of "friendships". At what point do these friendships become acquaintances?

Acquaintance: 1. a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.

Sometimes I feel like I am a convience, someone to rely on when everyone else is busy. Anything that benifits the other person I can then be involved in, but for the benifit of just being friends...not usually.

1 comments:

    I feel you on this one. I catch myself hesitating when I say, "My best friend...." How can she really be my best friend when we haven't even seen each other in a few months, haven't talked to each other in a few weeks? and the clincher, she lives ONE MILE away!! So is the saying, my best friend just old habit or a flame that needs to be rekindled. She calls when her kids are sick and she wants me to pick them up so she doesn't have to leave work (I am a SAHM). Other then that? Don't hear from her. Time to move on I suppose and count her an acquaintance.

     
Learn more about sponsoring a child.